A good company is only as good as the employees which make it up. This is what puts Superior Masonry Builders at the top of the concrete and masonry industry. We employ only “superior people” at every level of the company. Our employees have the competitive edge needed in today’s tight market.
Mark Kemp, CEO
Mark Kemp has been in the construction business, since the late 1960’s. Mark started as a yard employee at Superior Masonry Builders while he attended college at UW-M. In 1973, he started his own company called Badger Brickwashers, cleaning brick for various mason contractors. Mark graduated from UW-M in 1975 with a Business Degree and proceeded to work for Superior Masonry as Secretary-Treasurer. He soon began overseeing the concrete division and then proceeded to oversee the masonry division. In 1982 he took over full control of Superior Masonry Builders, becoming President and acting as CEO.
Mark Kemp actively serves on various committees, some which are listed below:
• MCAA – Past Chairman / Past Regional Vice President
• Mason Contractors Association of Milwaukee – Past President
• Wisconsin Masonry Association – Past President
• Masonry Foundation – Past Chairman
• Mason Contractors Association of Milwaukee- Board member
• Allied Construction Employers Association – Past President
• Brick Masons Labor Management Committee – Board Member
• Cement Masons Bargaining Committee – Past Chairman
• Labors Labor Management Committee – Chairman
• Milwaukee Industry Safety Council- Board member
• International Masonry Institute- Board Member
• American Concrete Institute- Committee member
• ASTM- Committee member on C12, C15, E34
• Silica Task for the Construction Industry – Chairman
Brian Kemp, President
Brian Kemp graduated from Marquette University High School in 1999. Graduating from University of Dayton in 2003 with a Finance major and Economics minor, he starting working full time immediately after college.
Brian started at Superior Masonry as a Project Manager and Estimator, moving into the Presidents role in 2010. Brian is still actively Project Managing and Estimating.
A few of Brian’s larger projects estimated…
- Bayshore Town Center Mall, Glendale, WI
- Foxconn, Mount Pleasant, WI
- Meijer Stores; Sheboygan, Manitowoc
- Milwaukee Electric Tool Headquarters
- Milwaukee Bucks Deer District
- 833 Michigan Office Building, Milwaukee, WI
Brian in currently serving on various Committees
- Bricklayers Apprentice – Committee Chair
- Bricklayers Bargaining – Management Chair
- Building Trades United Pension Fund – Trustee
- Building Trades United Pension Fund – Employers Account Committee
Gary Piotrowski, Estimator & Project Manager
Gary joined Superior Masonry Builders, Inc in September, 2014. Earning his Bachler’s Degree in Civil Engineering from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Gary has over 40 years of experience as an Estimator and Project manager. Gary has excessive knowledge in the Concrete and Masonry field.
A few of Gary’s latest projects:
- Froedert-Memorial Replacement Clinic, West Bend, WI
- Synergy, Wauwatosa, WI
- Elmbrook Central, Brookfield, WI
- Moore Office Buildings, Menomonee Falls, WI
Matt Furey, Estimator & Project Manager
Matt joined Superior Masonry Builders, Inc in June, 2014. Earning his BS Architectural Engineering with Structural Specialty from Milwaukee School of Engineering, Matt has over 5 years of experience as an Estimator and Project manager. Matt has excessive knowledge in the Concrete and Masonry field.
A few of Matt’s latest projects
- 1st & Washington Apartments, Milwaukee, WI
- Mills Fleet Farm, De Forest, WI
- Honey Creek Housing, Milwaukee, WI
- Mayfair Collections Phase III, Wauwatosa, WI
- Hilton Home & Suites, Menomonee Falls, WI.
Matt Wenzler, Concrete Superintendent
Starting at Superior Masonry as a carpenter apprentice in 2014, Matt worked his way to a foreman position in 2017. In April, 2019, Matt became the Concrete Superintendent.
Tony Fox, Mason Superintendent
Tony joined Superior Masonry in January, 2019. Being self-employed in the masonry industry, he operated his own business over 20 years.
Jason Shafer, Safety
Jason is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work. Implementing the company safety program, Jason ensures that the company is in compliance and adheres to OSHA guidelines to reduce work-related injuries. Jason reviews existing policies and adhere to all rules and regulations. Making certain all employees are following rules and regulations are a significant part of Jason’s responsibilities.
Superiors’ superintendents are required to take the OSHA 30 hour training course. All foremen must take the OSHA 10 hour training course. Everyone is responsible for a safe working environment. This starts with management making sure the field has everything it needs to provide a safe working place and the field following the safety program. This gives everyone a win-win situation.
Safety training classes are provided for new and existing employees.
Most importantly, the company protects its greatest assets by providing a safe working environment for all of it’s employees and at the same time is benefiting by having lower insurance premiums. It is our goal that all our employees return home safely after a day’s work.
SUPERIOR MASONRY BUILDERS
12699 W. Arden Place
Butler, WI 53007