Mark Kemp, CEO
Any company is only as good as the employees which make it up. This is what puts Superior Masonry at the top. We employ only “superior people” at every level of the company. Mark Kemp, CEO has been in the construction business since the late 1960’s. He started as a yard employee and worked for Superior during his college years. In 1973 he started a brick washing company called Badger Brickwashers, cleaning brick for various mason contractors. This gave him practical business knowledge while attending UW-M and majoring in Business Administration. He graduated from UW-M in 1975 with a Business Degree and proceeded to work for Superior Masonry as Secretary-Treasurer. While running the office, he soon took over running the concrete division and then the masonry division. In 1982 he took over full control of Superior Masonry Builders, becoming President and acting as CEO. This growing up through the ranks is what helps solidify the office and the field.
Mr. Kemp serves on various committees, some which are listed below:
• Past Chairman of Mason Contractors Association of America
• Past President of Mason Contractors Association of Milwaukee
• Past President of Wisconsin Masonry Association
• Past Chairman of the Masonry Foundation
• Mason Contractors Association of Milwaukee- Board member
• Past Regional Vice President of Mason Contractors Association of America
• Past President Allied Construction Employers Association
• Brick Masons Labor Management Committee – Board Member
• Past Chairman of Cement Masons Bargaining Committee
• Labors Labor Management Committee – Chairman
• Milwaukee Industry Safety Council- Board member
• International Masonry Institute- Board Member
• American Concrete Institute- Committee member
• 360 Design of Slabs on Ground
• 302 Guide for Concrete Floor and Slab Construction
• ASTM- Committee member on C12, C15, E34
• Chairman for the Silica Task for the Construction Industry
Brian Kemp, President…
Our employees have the competitive edge needed in today’s tight market.
Gary Piotrowski, Estimator & Project Manager
Gary joined Superior Masonry Builders, Inc in 2014. With over 40 years of experience as an Estimator and Project manager, Gary has excessive knowledge in the Concrete and Masonry field. A few of Gary’s latest projects: Froedert-Memorial Replacement Clinic, West Bend, WI; Synergy, Wauwatosa, WI; Elmbrook Central, Brookfield, WI; Moore Office Buildings, Menomonee Falls, WI. Gary earned his Bachler’s Degree in Civil Engineering from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Matt Furey, Estimator & Project Manager
Matt joined Superior Masonry Builders, Inc in June, 2014. With over 10 years of experience as an Estimator and Project manager, Gary has excessive knowledge in the Concrete and Masonry field. A few of Matt’s latest projects: Splat DPI, Milwaukee, WI; Brelie Gear, Waukesha, WI; Glendale City Hall and Police Station, Glendale, WI; INFINITY – Milwaukee, Waukesha, WI; Tru Hotel by Hilton, Waukesha, WI. Matt has a BS Architectural Engineering with Structural Specialty from Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Jason Shafer, Safety
Jason is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work. To ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to OSHA guidelines to reduce work-related injuries. Review existing policies and adhere to all rules and regulations. His responsibilities include making certain all employees are following rules and regulations.